The hill of St. Barthelemy is part of the St. Sylvestre district. It is a popular area located in the north of the city, between the Cessole and Gorbella boulevards (postal code 06100).
The emblematic places of the Saint-Barthelemy district are:
- The Priory of Old Logis, a mill converted into a farm in the nineteenth century. It is bought by the Dominican Reverend Alfred Lemerre who makes it a Priory, then a museum, inaugurated in 1939, gathering art objects and French furniture of the late Middle Ages.
- The Church of St. Barthelemy was founded in 1552 by the order of the Capuchins who bought the property to the Benedictines to make a monastery. In 1803, the church became the parish of St. Bartholomew. The old bell tower was destroyed and the bells transported in the tower built in 1885.
- The Villa Arson was built around 1710. In 1812, the property includes a main building of Genoese style on 6.5 hectares of land. The garden became a popular place where the feast of San Barthelemy took place. The Arson Villa is today a national art school.
The neighborhood is relatively new, many buildings of the St. Barthelemy Avenue dating back to the 70s. The real estate prices are a little bit lower than the medium range of Nice.