The « Musiciens » district is part of the center of Nice, a few minutes walk from the Promenade des Anglais.
It is bounded by the Thiers Avenue at the North, the Victor Hugo Boulevard at the South, the Gambetta Boulevard at the West and the Jean Médecin Avenue at the East. Most of the streets of the Musicians district are named after famous musicians, some of whom stayed in Nice (Verdi, Berlioz ...).
Originally rich in vegetable gardens, the district of Musicians owes its urbanization to the annexation of Nice to France in 1860 and the rise of the railway which helped the tourist boom. It is a residential area with many palaces (private buildings) and hotels built in the early twentieth century.
There is a wide variety of architectural styles : the railway station is Louis XIII style, many buildings are "art-deco" style, but the area is especially emblematic of the "Belle Epoque" period (1860-1914).