The François Grosso Boulevard is located at the suburbs of the Nice’s city center (in the neighborhood of the Baumettes hill, postal code 06000). It begins at the crossroads between the Rue de France (numbers 90 and 98) and the avenue of Baumettes, at the height of Colonel Bouvier Square. Long about 1 kilometer, the boulevard stretches, passing through the Saint-Philippe Place, until Tzarewitch Boulevard (numbers 31 and 33), in front of the avenue General Weygand and the Parc Imperial Clinic.
Historically, this artery was not more than a little street called Carlone (a Nice’s rich banker) and finished at the height of the Rue Bottero (Fleurs district). Later the street have been extended and renamed with the name of Francois Grosso (owner of Elysee Palace Hotel, he gave all his properties to city of Nice).
In this area relatively recent (compared with the historical Old city of Nice and the Castle’s hill), some houses were already here during XVIII century, but the first buildings were built in the 1920’s. As everywhere in Nice, the architecture is really various, with typical houses, Art-Déco real estates, buildings of the pre and post war, some constructions of the 30 glorious (among which the Rometti properties), and also some more recent residences …
The Grosso area is, for the most, residential, but you can finds also some proximity shops, a supermarket, pizzerias, restaurants and hotels … .