The harbor district is located to the south-east of the city of Nice, bordered on the north by Barla street, on the east by Mont Alban and Mont Boron, on the west by Castle Hill and on the south by the sea .
The first Port of Nice was initiated from the middle of the 18th century, by decision of King Charles Emmanuel III, in the marshy area of the Lympia valley, hence its name. Its construction spread over more than a century and a half. The port Lympia is now the main harbor facility in Nice, a large cement and cruise port. It also serves as a docking place for yachts and the famous « pointus (little fisherman boats).
The « Ile de la Beauté » Place is the emblematic place of this district, there is the church of Notre-Dame du Port, built in 1853, as well as red facades with porticoes.
The port district is constantly evolving, helped by urban renewal projects and the arrival of the tramway. It is very dynamic with good addresses for a drink or a diner, but also many local shops and antique. There are newcomers in recent years around the Place du Pin which became "the little Marais Nice".