Country house dating from the 1850s, the Ollieres Castle was renovated by the architect Adam Dettloff, on behalf of Prince Alexei Lobanov-Rostowsky, Foreign Minister of Tsar Nicolas II.
In love with the wife of a French ambassador, the Prince moved to Nice where he bought the property in 1885.
Recalled to Moscow by the Tsar, he sold the castle in 1909. Acquired in 1920 by Mr. Nahapiet, General Consul of Brazil, the castle became a 4stars hotel in the 90's and remained in the family until 2004.
This is one of the last vestiges of "Follies" of the Belle Epoque.