The Liberation district is one of the liveliest and most commercial areas in Nice.
In addition to the Liberation market, you will find in this area an impressive number of small shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as some franchised stores ...
The family and warm atmosphere, and the many terraces of the Liberation district allow you enjoy the enviable climate of our beautiful city, to take a morning coffee, a drink with friends or enjoy local, French and Mediterranean specialties.
It is not possible to quote all of them, but I propose some kind addresses :
- There are of course the inevitable, real institutions. The TinTin kiosk, on the Place de General de Gaule, is assaulted every day for its pan-bagnats. The Brasserie de l'Union, rue Michelet, will serve the nicoise stew and its ravioli. For seafood lovers, make a stop at the legendary brasserie Le Gambetta, Place du General de Gaule, or at La Gauloise restaurant on Malaussena Avenue.
- There are also new coming. On Borriglione Avenue, LiberiK offers Spanish cold cuts from selected small producers. On the spot or to take away, Anthony Mancardi will delight you with his Pata Negra, Lomo, and Chorizo. Then, a small tour at Gaël Scarantino « La Fromagerie » where, around a glass of wine, you can order a board of organic cheese (Beaufort, Morbier, Chèvre ...). A furious desire of socca ? Visit the SoccaTram !
- You love Italy, no problem ! La Pignatiera welcomes you in the Villermont Avenue with succulent pizzas and La Casa di Giorgio on Raiberti Street will delight you with pasta and other Piedmontese culinar specialties.
- If you prefer French cuisine, reserve a table at Route du Miam, at the beginning of rue Molière, to taste delicious potatoes cooked with duck fat.
- Just a little drink (or 2 maybay)? On the terrace at L'Altra Casa in the heart of the Liberation Market. At the Beer District on Randon Square, a young and dynamic team offers a wide selection of beers. Take a seat at the rooftop of Hotel Monsigny with a panoramic view of the city.
In the area of the Liberation, there is something for everyone and every budget, with passionate shopkeepers and restaurateurs, in a local tipical atmosphere.