The "Capitole" residence was designed by the Dikansky
Architects' Office (Georges Dikansky and his son Michel). Its construction,
started in 1947 by the contractor Triverio, was fully completed in 1962.
Built on the site of three villas, the residence "Le Capitole" illustrates this period of the post-war period during which the city of Nice chose urban development to meet a sustained demand for housing.
Its U shape is organized around a large garden, with facades on four streets : rue Andrioli, rue Saint-Philippe, rue de France and Promenade des Anglais. The 5 blocks of 6 floors that make up the initial central L include 120 lots (including the restaurant "Les Jardins du Capitole") plus the buildings of the rue Saint-Philippe, rue de France, and the Palais Marie-Gabrielle and the « 3 Epis ».
The building complex was made of white concrete typical of the style of the 1950s. As for the obliques of the west facades, they are in the pure line of the 30s. In 2015, the Regional Commission for Heritage and Sites awarded the label "Heritage of the twentieth century" to the residence "Le Capitole".
It is a very active condo in term of real estate sales and appreciated by people coming from all over the world.